Skip to main content

Like a Prayer Song by Madonna


 Lyrics

Life is a mysteryEveryone must stand aloneI hear you call my name
And it feels like home
When you call my name it's like a little prayer
I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you thereIn the midnight hour I can feel your power
Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there
I hear your voiceIt's like an angel sighingI have no choice, I hear your voice
Feels like flying
I close my eyesOh God I think I'm falling
Out of the sky, I close my eyesHeaven help me
When you call my name it's like a little prayerI'm down on my knees, I wanna take you thereIn the midnight hour I can feel your power
Just like a prayer you know I'll take you thereLike a childYou whisper softly to me
You're in control just like a childNow I'm dancingIt's like a dreamNo end and no beginningYou're here with me it's like a dreamLet the choir singWhen you call my name it's like a little prayerI'm down on my knees, I wanna take you thereIn the midnight hour I can feel your powerJust like a prayer you know I'll take you thereWhen you call my name it's like a little prayerI'm down on my knees, I wanna take you thereIn the midnight hour I can feel your powerJust like a prayer you know I'll take you thereLife is a mysteryEveryone must stand aloneI hear you call my nameAnd it feels like home
Just like a prayer, your voice can take me thereJust like a muse to me, you are a mysteryJust like a dream, you are not what you seemJust like a prayer, no choice your voice can take me thereJust like a prayer, I'll take you thereIt's like a dream to meJust like a prayer, I'll take you thereIt's like a dream to meJust like a prayer, I'll take you thereIt's like a dream to meJust like a prayer, I'll take you thereIt's like a dream to me
Just like a prayer, your voice can take me thereJust like a muse to me, you are a mysteryJust like a dream, you are not what you seemJust like a prayer, no choice your voice can take me thereJust like a prayer, your voice can take me thereJust like a muse to me, you are a mysteryJust like a dream, you are not what you seemJust like a prayer, no choice your voice can take me there
Your voice can take me thereLike a prayerJust like a prayerJust like a prayer, your voice can take me thereJust like a prayerJust like a prayer, your voice can take me there
Songwriters: Madonna / Patrick Leonard

Comments