Skip to main content

Summer Of '69 Song by Bryan Adams


 I got my first real six-string

Bought it at the five and dimePlayed it 'til my fingers bledWas the summer of '69
Me and some guys from schoolHad a band and we tried real hardJimmy quit and Jody got marriedI should've known we'd never get far
Oh, when I look back nowThat summer seemed to last foreverAnd if I had the choiceYeah, I'd always wanna be thereThose were the best days of my life
Ain't no use in complainin'When you got a job to doI spent my evenings down at the drive-inAnd that's when I met you, yeah!
Standin' on your mama's porchYou told me that you'd wait foreverOh, and when you held my handI knew that it was now or neverThose were the best days of my lifeOh, yeahBack in the summer of '69, oh
Man, we were killin' timeWe were young and restlessWe needed to unwindI guess nothing can last foreverForever, noYeah
And now the times are changin'Look at everything that's come and goneSometimes when I play that old six-stringI think about you, wonder what went wrong
Standin' on your mama's porchYou told me that it'd last foreverOh, and when you held my handI knew that it was now or neverThose were the best days of my lifeOh, yeahBack in the summer of '69, uh-huhIt was the summer of '69, oh, yeahMe and my baby in '69, oh, oh
It was the summer, summer, summer of '69(Yeah)
Songwriters: פורר טל / Adams,bryan / Vallance,james Douglas

Comments